softwaru linux super vozelj

Packet radio, TCP/IP in AX.25 - oprema, elektronika, programska oprema, nastavitve, problemi, ...

Moderatorji: s56g, S57BBA

softwaru linux super vozelj

OdgovorNapisal/-a oe6rke » 03 Apr 2006, 20:24

hi, i noticed that there i an linux version of super voselj available on some nodes. is there some info available regarding that soft?

havala za info, zivo robert, oe6rke
oe6rke

Kraj: Deutschlandsberg, Austrija

OdgovorNapisal/-a s53zo » 04 Apr 2006, 05:56

Maybe http://www.hamradio.hr/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=324 will help. As far as I know that is the only information provided.

Simon, S53ZO
Uporabniški avatar
s53zo

Kraj: Murska Sobota

OdgovorNapisal/-a s56wix » 05 Apr 2006, 10:35

Although I don't have a clue what the question is about, here's my translation of the page given by Simon:

Hello,

since several people have asked me how to install LinSV here's how:

Kernel 2.4.23 (the one from www.kernel.org not one that comes with any distribution since there could be problems) needs
to be patched with a patch that is located at:

ftp://ham2.cc.fer.hr/pub/users/9a4gl/9a ... 0109.patch

The patch is for the mentioned kernel version only, if someone has the will to fix it for new kernel versions you're
welcome to do so and I'll put it on ftp.

At kernel configuration beside AX25 you need to enable
Amateur Radio support -> AX.25 LinSV support

If you have the DMASCC card then enable
Amateur Radio support -> AX.25 network device drivers -> Software CRC check for (DMA) SCC

Under no circumstances enable
Amateur Radio support -> AX.25 use MTU 1580

Patch, besides enabling the execution of LinSV, also fixes several bugs in AX.25 kernel so I recommend installing
it even if you don't intend to run LinSV.

(Compiling and kernel configuration is not the topic of this text)

After this you need to download and decompress (recommended to /usr/local/src):
ftp://ham2.cc.fer.hr/pub/users/9a4gl/linsv-20040618.tgz

Simply run "make" in linsv directory which will compile and install LinSV along with configuration files.
Change the configuration files (in /usr/local/src/linsv/etc) and run "make" again to install them. To configure
LinSV you need the knowledge of configuring SV. Everything is the same as on S53MV SV except for the password.sv
file which contains the sysop passwords and ports.sv where you define ax25 ports used by LinSV.

To run LinSV take a look at the startlinsv script.

F.ex. I run LinSV by having the following in the /etc/inittab:
lsv:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/startlinsv /dev/tty8
which runs it on tty8 after boot and restarts it if it crashes.
Before using inittab run startlinsv manually to check that everything works.

For anyone finding these instructions too short or unclear you're welcome to ask in the forum.
Advice and bug fixes are welcome as well.

Tihomir Heidelberg, 9a4gl
Uporabniški avatar
s56wix

Kraj: Ljubljana

OdgovorNapisal/-a s56al » 05 Apr 2006, 11:30

Pozdrav vsem,

Mene pa zanima, kakšna žival je to "Linux Super vozelj". Program s funkcionalnostjo Matjaževega SV, spisan za Linux@PC? Če da, kdo je avtor? Kako je s komunikacijskimi kanali za povezavo z radijem (vmesniki, poleg DMASCC kartice, kot sem uspel razbrati iz ornjega linka)? Če ima kdo pri nas z Linux SV kakšne izkušnje, prosim za komentarje.

LP, Sandi
s56al

Kraj: JN66SI

OdgovorNapisal/-a s56wix » 05 Apr 2006, 11:48

s54s napisal/-a:Program s funkcionalnostjo Matjaževega SV, spisan za Linux@PC?

Kakor sem jaz razumel po translaciji navodil natanko tako. Avtor je ocitno 9A4GL - v linsv.h datoteki je njegovo ime v WELCOME_TEXT. Vmesniki so verjetno (ne vidim razloga proti, sicer pa popolna spekulacija) vsi ki ax25 pripeljejo v linux box, torej razni kissi, 6packi, s5pcc, ipd. Z izkusnjami sem pa zal bos. =)

LpM
Uporabniški avatar
s56wix

thanks for info and translation

OdgovorNapisal/-a oe6rke » 05 Apr 2006, 12:34

Thanks you all for the link info and translation of the posting.
More interesting to discover at the given link is the fact, that there is an openwrt package available. This make L SV a real replacement for the the facto standard xlink for the digipeater running on openwrt low power devices.

thanks again for support, lep pozdrav Robert, oe6rke
oe6rke

Kraj: Deutschlandsberg, Austrija

Re: thanks for info and translation

OdgovorNapisal/-a s56wix » 05 Apr 2006, 13:23

oe6rke napisal/-a:Thanks you all for the link info and translation of the posting.

You're very welcome! Beside the hamspirit ofcourse, on a more personal note, the fact that someone is willing to learn a few words of the local language always adds to the incentive to help. ;)

Mit freundlichen grüssen,
Matej
Uporabniški avatar
s56wix

OdgovorNapisal/-a s53zo » 05 Apr 2006, 13:26

s54s napisal/-a:Pozdrav vsem,

Mene pa zanima, kakšna žival je to "Linux Super vozelj". Program s funkcionalnostjo Matjaževega SV, spisan za Linux@PC? Če da, kdo je avtor? Kako je s komunikacijskimi kanali za povezavo z radijem (vmesniki, poleg DMASCC kartice, kot sem uspel razbrati iz ornjega linka)? Če ima kdo pri nas z Linux SV kakšne izkušnje, prosim za komentarje.

LP, Sandi

Tocno tako. Dejansko kar se tice AX25 in kar podpira linux podpira tudi LinSV. Preko packeta se povezi na S50DBC in malo potestiraj.

Glede izkusenj. Jaz ga poganjam kaksno leto in stvar deluje tako kot mora.

Simon, S53ZO
Uporabniški avatar
s53zo

Re: thanks for info and translation

OdgovorNapisal/-a s53zo » 05 Apr 2006, 13:29

oe6rke napisal/-a:low power devices.

Node UU4JZA http://midge.vlad.org.ua/wiki/ done something like that. Sysop is Igor, UU8JA uu8ja@hamradio.crimea.ua

Robert, I will be in Deutschlandsberg aroung 1500lt this Friday, 7th Apr. Let's have a drink...

Simon, S53ZO
Uporabniški avatar
s53zo

Vrni se na Packet radio

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 5 gostov