D4B QRT

Tekmovalne tehnike in oprema - KV, Rezultati, Koledarji, ...

Moderator: s55o

D4B QRT

OdgovorNapisal/-a S50U » 02 Okt 2005, 21:44

Hoj

D4 mtpl bo malce težje poklofati v tekmovanjih, namreč Al, D4B prodaja lokacijio na Cape Verdskih otokih. CUL, Danilo S50U

Dear Contest Community,
I hereby announce the closing of the D4B contest station on Monte Verde, Mindelo, Cape Verde Islands.
I have achieved and in some cases exceeded all my goals that I set out to do from D4. I am proud and honoured to have played an active part in the Ham radio contest community for the past few years. I appreciate all the help and advice I received from everyone and I hope I could mean something to the people that knocked on my door for help and advice. By sharing information and helping each other Ham radio contesting participation will grow every year and become more and more competitive which is a good thing.
A competitive contest station from a place like Cabo Verde was my dream as a young adult in the 1970's and I am glad to say I have been able to live that dream today. I wish each and every one of us can experience such a dream one day.
I know this announcement leaves more questions than answers but this is what I have decided to do after reviewing everything. I will stay in contact with all my friends and I will follow contesting very closely even if I am not taking part from D4 or anywhere else myself. Good health to each and everyone of you and thanks again for all the contacts during the many contests. I appreciated the calls and every QSO was like a new friend I made.

Thank you Al, D4B now QRT..
Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!
S50CLX Cerkno LinuX dx cluster
https://s50clx.infrax.si
Uporabniški avatar
S50U

Kraj: Cíerkna

Re: D4B QRT

OdgovorNapisal/-a S50U » 15 Okt 2005, 13:48

S50U napisal/-a:Al, D4B prodaja lokacijio na Cape Verdskih otokih

In še nekaj vzrokov zakaj se D4B poslavlja od kontestiranja. CUL Danilo, S50U

Dear Contesters,

I like to thanks everyone of you
After my announcing of QRT I get lot of very kind e-mails from my friends
I like to give my special thanks to Jim N6TJ for describing some of the reasons why I go qrt
I still get lot of letters with that question
I like to inform you that I have many reason to do that and really dont know which one is most important
I comeback to contesting after quite a long break and in 2002 I start to build the station in D4
Start is august and in october with a help of my friends I get a chance to start parcipicate in the contest
Its great fun to make so many qsos in contest and outside of the contest with you my friends
On the same time there is lot of things which not give me really fun
Level of the friendship (with my opinion) is go down
There is more people cheating in the contests
There is no way to stop cheater but I dont think we need to support cheaters
Im very sorry that when I back I find that many contests committees become like elite clubs with own rules own decisions and not caring about opinion of contesters
Quite often I see that people is looking to call somebody enemy
I hear from many top contesters that enemy is CQ Magazine and W2VU,K2MGA
I have my personnal experience in relationship with Richard W2VU and I can say we have very good relationship with him before its not connected to radioamateur bosses from CQ WW CC
With my opinion problem is that contest community is quired
I remember days when CQ WW contest is runned by two directors K3EST and N6AR and there is no problem they are both answering mails and was friendly
Of course I can say like many other that Bob K3EST is enemy of contesting but on the same time if you look on the subject you need to understand why Bob is change,why he is not answering on e-mails,why he is make decisions not care about opinion of contest community and memebers of the contest committee,why he make situation when ever cheaters have advantage because even if he will put in the log calls from callbook maximum problem he can have is that he will dont see his call in the final results,why no one is care about activity from rare countries its going down because no certificates no results etc etc
REASON OF THAT IS SIMPLE WE QUIRED
I dont know about what people is worry about
Do you believe if you will complain Bob K3EST will reduce your points or what?
I offer many time help to the CQ and CQWW CC but its not accepted and I think main reason is that Bob K3EST (not CQ) like to keep the contest like own empair and for that we are all responsible
We responsible because we accept that rules and quired
Usually Im receiving plenty of e-mails complaining but very seldom people is doing that openly
People is unhappy what Bob is do and organizing own contests and what we getting now every weekend there is several contests and DXers really have great difficulties to enjoy hobby I dont think that way we support contesting
When do you see Bob K3EST write something in contest reflector
Im sure long time ago
How often he answering your mails?
Ok some people say the problem is that people is very limited in time
You know Im getting very often proposals to get into some clubs,associations and etc etc but I dont accept them with only reason THAT I DONT HAVE TIME
If someone dont have time to do what he have to do why he take that job then?
I speak with many contesters about that and Im allways say that contesting is build by contesters for contesters
People is say that activity in CQ WW is coming up thats true not in all directions but true anyway but what CQ WW CC do for that?
Do you see anytime invitations from committee to parcipicate in contest or what ?
I think we need fresh blood in contesting and CQ WW director dont have to be one person and also possibly need to be change between members of the committee
There is many many other things well known by all of you and I dont think I need to repeat that again
Lets stop to look for enemy and make contesting more friendly and CQ WW CC more flexible and more caring about fair play
Im sorry my bad English dont giving me chance to describe things better propably
73 GOD BLESS YOU Al 4L5A ex D4B,UF6FFF .......
Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!
S50CLX Cerkno LinuX dx cluster
https://s50clx.infrax.si
Uporabniški avatar
S50U

Kraj: Cíerkna

Vrni se na Tekmovanja KV

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 10 gostov